Mobile technology can really transform your business. It can increase cash flow and reduce errors by providing the technician with all the information needed at the site. It also reduces customer complaints by capturing an on-site signature, confirming the work was done properly. DoorPack is pleased to announce its’ new mobile application, for use with android tablets and phones.
With our mobile solution, the tech has the address, and all the information needed to scope out the problem and review the history of the equipment. He can review the work done in the past that may relate to the current problem. Troubleshooting is simplified.
When the work is done, he records the parts, labor and job notes into the mobile device along with the customer’s signature. This information is transferred directly into the work-order for billing, eliminating double entry. Finally, a credit card payment can be obtained immediately from residential customers.
All of this cuts down on errors, double entry, and customer disputes. It can also make a big difference getting bills out the same day to turn over cash flow quickly
Fireline provides mobile technology at a very reasonable price, and we integrate seamlessly with your QuickBooks software.
Your technician calls in to report that he or she is finished with the job and is an hour away from the office. Now is the time to make the most of your new DoorPack system.
With a click of the button you can find all of the PM’s that are coming due in the town or zip-code close to the tech’s location.
With another click you can send him or her the information needed, with our mobile solution.
Reducing your turnaround time can result in a significant increase in your revenue, cash flow and tech productivity!
- Security: Every day we hear about a cloud- based system being hacked. No-one seems to be safe. The IRS was hacked; the entire government personnel system was hacked; Target Drug, TJ Maxx, Blue Cross and Blue Shield were all hacked. These organizations spend billions of dollars to protect their records. They all learned the hard way. Put it on the web and you risk losing it. Your average cloud-based provider can’t afford the kind of security these big organizations had. How secure do you think your data really is in the cloud?
- Ownership of the data: When you put your business into the hands of a cloud provider, all of your data is in their possession. You can access it, as long as you continue to pay. Miss a payment and you are out of business along with your customer history until it gets resolved.
- Switching systems: We hear it all the time. People have bought into a cloud-based office or mobile software app and are now unhappy, and want to change. Unfortunately, most can’t get their data out. Effectively they are locked into their monthly fee, unless they are willing to go cold turkey without their history.
- Your business depends on the internet. When it is down, so is your service business.
- Mobile security: Most cloud-based applications use a mobile solution that gives your techs access to your data. Password protection helps, but passwords tend to get passed around the office. It isn’t uncommon for technicians to raid the bosses’ customers and start their own business.
At the beginning of the installation and training process we often find that people in the office are anxious. They are used to the current system. Change is frightening.
The actual process is fairly straight-forward. After installation, which is handled by our technical staff, we go through a brief overview of the process. DoorPack is easy to use, and the training period is quite short. At least an hour of practice is needed after every training session.
The first one hour session covers service and dispatch. After 30 minutes the staff is able to enter and dispatch service calls and enter new customers. We spend another half hour or so practicing, and covering special requirements. DoorPack is designed to be customized to meet the needs of the company, with user defined fields and screens. These are used to tie to the customer’s Jobs in QuickBooks, and for other special fields and functions.
The second session covers questions and problems, and moves into installations and billing. At that point, the users are able to create work-orders, and bill them. They still are probably not comfortable with the process. We encourage them to call us if they have questions or problems. Customers at this stage get special priority.
In the third one hour session we normally cover equipment and service agreements. We train the users to enter service agreements that will tie back to their equipment and automatically produce maintenance service calls. We also go over the areas in DoorPack that are designed to control the renewal process. At the end of that session the new users are ready to work with PMs, although we are always available for questions as they come up.
The fourth session is set aside for review, questions, and includes a general overview of the process.
The whole process takes about a week, depending on availability of staff. At the end, DoorPack will be up and running. Normally we wait a couple of weeks, and then move to the mobile solution. This typically takes an hour or two to set-up, and one or two hours of training.
Take a few minutes to join us at our next online webinar and review how the DoorPack Service Software for Quick Books can help to streamline your operation, increase your productivity and eliminate the duplication.